Monday - Friday 10.00 - 20.00
Saturday, Sunday 09:30 - 20:00
29 Aug 2020 – 28 Feb 2021
1031 HP Amsterdam
To eat & drink
Our cafe is open for takeaway coffee, drinks, pastries and toasties every day from 11:00 - 18:00
How to get here
Approximately 30m minutes by metro, take Metro line 52 four stops towards Noord/ North and exit at Noorderpark station (only one stop away). Nxt Museum is a 10 minute walk from Noorderpark.
Walk ten minutes to Vijzelgracht metro station and take Metro line 52 towards Noord/ North. Exit at Noorderpark station after 3 stops. Nxt Museum is a 10-minute walk from Noorderpark Metro station.
It’s a 10-minute bike ride or 20-minute walk from Amsterdam central station. Simply take the ferry to Buiksloterweg (located at the rear of the station). After a 5-minute crossing it’s just a short walk or cycle to Asterweg 22.
We have sharpened our Covid-19 protocol even further, according to the new regulations by the Dutch government. Creating a space where you can safely enjoy art is our priority.
- All visitors are asked to wear a facemask inside the museum. Bring your own or buy Nxt masks available at the entrance. Museum staff will wear facemasks in all public areas.
- Upon arrival your health and temperature will be checked at the entrance.
- You can only buy your tickets online in advance and within timeslots, please arrive on time for your planned visit.
- We have reduced the capacity of visitors per time slot so you can keep your distance from other visitors. The museum staff can and may ask you to wait in order to facilitate crowd management.
- Please keep your distance at all times from other visitors and staff.
- We have installed several positions in the museum where you can wash or disinfect your hands.
- We clean all touchpoints in the museum regularly.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, we ask you to stay home and reschedule your visit.
- If you belong to a risk group we advise you to book your ticket in morning timeslots of weekdays.
- Please follow the instructions displayed clearly within the museum and given by our museum staff, so we can create a safe environment for everyone.
Warning – This exhibition contains laser installations, loud sounds, smoke and flashing video images.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets & group bookings
The ICOM / Museum cards (Museum Jaarkaart) are not valid at Nxt Museum. Nxt Museum operates independent from any form of subsidy.
Due to Covid we aim to control the flow of arriving guests. You can book tickets per 15 minute time slot, please be on time, when visitors are more than 15 minutes late they are not allowed to enter the museum on busy days. You can enjoy the exhibition as long as you like until we close.
Our survey has shown that 75% of our visitors would prefer to have phone free time slots, which is why we introduced certain time frames during which visitors can enjoy art without being distracted by their own or other people’s digital devices. We ask all visitors booking these time slots to refrain from using their phone whilst in the museum, to ensure a fully immersive exploration of Shifting Proximities. Phone-free time slots can be booked on the following days within these hours: Wednesdays from 6.15pm to 7pm and Sundays from 9.30am to 10.15am.
You must bring proof of current enrollment at your university to show to our hosts upon entering the museum – we also accept a proof of enrollment of registration ( Studielink, or from the school itself)
We’d love to help you arrange a booking for your school, uni or group. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of people, preferred date and time and contact details and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please get in touch at email@example.com
Visitor care: ability & access
This exhibition contains, laser installations, loud sounds, smoke and flashing video images which may not be suitable for people with epilepsy.
When it comes to the little people amongst us, Nxt Museum is enjoyed by children of all age groups. However, since many of our artworks and installations are housed within dark rooms with loud sounds, and flashing videos in some cases we advise that with more nervous children, the museum is best experienced at the age of 5+ years old.
Yes, the museum is accessible via wheelchair ramps – other than the Nxt Lab and one installation: Distortions in Spacetime by Marshmallow Laser Feast. We also have disabled parking slots which may be booked upon reservation by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the museum
As long as you wish, up until we close!
We only ask you to use one of our sanitized lockers if it’s necessary. Coats and accessories are allowed in the museum, but we kindly ask you to store your backpacks if you bring any.
Nxt Museum offers free guest Wifi to its visitors and we advise our visitors using the guest wifi to not transmit their credit card information, passwords, and any other sensitive personal information.
No, we do not allow dogs in the museum, unless they are Guide Dogs. We do not think furry friends would appreciate the levels of sound and flashing lights as much as you will.